The current Facebook Page allows for posting of MCBC information and pictures by members via the standard use of "posts." . While the administrators could add events, files and create picture albums, the individual members could not post their pictures into those albums.
Introducing the Melon City Bike Club Group: The creation of a GROUP versus a PAGE allows more accessibility to registered members of the Melon City Bike Club. It will operate very similar to your personal Facebook page, so learning should be easy.
Any MCBC member can join this group, if they have a Facebook account. To do so, they will need to make a request to join and be approved by an MCBC administrator.
To make the request:
- Click on the page shot picture below. Or you may go to the search bar at the top of your personal Facebook page and type in Melon City Bike Club. Click on the group results and the page banner should look like the one below.
- When the page appears, click on the Join Group (as shown in the red oval). If you currently are a group member, the Join Group will not appear on this page.
- Because you will need to be verified as an MCBC member. it may take a day or so for an officer to respond. During that time, you will have browsing access to the site.
- The MCBC Facebook Group page will work in concert with the MCBC Fan Page and the soon to be modified MCBC web site.
- A focused communication tool for MCBC members.
- Any group member can create a Photo Album and install photos.
- Any group member can contribute photos to an album. (Imagine photos easily grouped by ride/event)
- Any group member can host and post an upcoming event. These should pertain organizational events, and not seeking a ride buddy for Saturday. (the later is best done via a Facebook posting).
- Any group member can contribute a document or upload data file.
- Any group member can design and conduct a survey type poll.
- Any group member can email the entire group via one click. Similar to the YAHOO group email.
- The MCBC membership roster (those with Facebook accounts) can be viewed.
- The link will reside in the GROUPS area (left margin ) of your personal Facebook page.
- Group is limited to MCBC members. Otherwise it could become huge and ineffective.
- Rules for events, photos and files will need to be followed. Duplications of photos, frivolous event and file posts need to be avoided Posters will own what they post!
- Of course, the Facebook Rules of Conduct must be followed.
Nearly all of what you can do now on the MCBC Page, you will be able to do in the MCBC Group...and more. It will allow better group communication. It will limit the extraneous posting that can litter a your personal page. It will be focused primarily on the activities of the Melon City Bike Club.